As senior legal and compliance counsel you are responsible for advising the organisation on all relevant legal matters and for monitoring compliance with regard to EMIR and other EU-wide legislation. You ensure the quality of legal advice and documentation. Furthermore, you make sure effective processes are in place to establish, update, monitor and report on compliance.
The senior legal and compliance counsel reports directly to the head of legal and compliance.
- at least 8 years of experience in an international law firm and/or in the financial sector
- experience with the legal framework relevant to regulated services
- excellent contract drafting skills and experience with regulatory driven policies
- having worked for or having advised a securities post-trade business or clearing company is an asset
- a flexible, communicative, self-driven and entrepreneurial professional with a focus on delivering high-quality work
- fluent in English and Dutch, knowledge of German, French or Spanish is a plus
A responsible senior position in a team of highly driven professionals within an ambitious international organisation that operates at the heart of the European financial market infrastructure and offers excellent development and training opportunities, with respect for personal life and development.